When you are planning to conceive, you have to figure that you will have less control than you think you do when it comes to actually get pregnant. It all depends on how well you have planned for it, such as getting to a healthy and ideal weight, eating foods that help boost fertility, and eliminating alcohol, reducing your sugar and caffeine intake- and how well you have been charting your cycles. Not to mention, you may not know at this point if there are any factors in fertility.
However, aside from that, when you are thinking or trying to get pregnant, you have to keep in mind when you do conceive what month the baby will likely be born- unless the baby is premature. Like it was said before, there you have less control over that than you think.
In my case, I wanted to have a baby in late winter or early spring. I did not like the idea of going through my third trimester during the summer when it is hot as it is, as I remember my mother complaining about the fact that she was dying when she was pregnant with me, and I was a July baby. On the flip side, I did not want to really have a baby in the middle of winter when the risk of a blizzard could get in the way of getting to the hospital in time while I would be in labor. The idea of having a fall baby did not thrill me because I know that kids that are born in the fall don’t like having their birthdays being later than the birthdays of many of their peers. My brother was a November baby and he complained about that many times.
However, once it was discovered there was some mild infertility that my husband and I dealt with, I knew I could not be picky. I just wanted to have a baby and was willing to accept whenever the baby would be born. However, as it turned out, we ended up having our baby in the spring, just a year after we had originally hoped.
There are some couples who are extremely lucky to conceive quite quickly. And since it is unknown whether you will be lucky that way or not if you are thinking about trying for your first- let’s assume all is well. You may have already thought about what month you would prefer to have a baby, and why- and then you would have done the math to find out when you would have to conceive in order to have the baby born in the month you wanted. Let’s go over why parents would want to have a baby born in a particular month by examining each reason, including astrological for each month:
- January – Some parents prefer to have their babies born in January, especially if they live in warmer climates or if they are in the southern hemisphere and it is summer anyway. For mothers living in cooler climates that want a January baby, despite the risk of going into labor during a snowstorm may prefer that time of year simply because it is easiest to stay comfortable and cool during the third trimester at that time. Perhaps the idea of a baby born during the first month of the year is appealing as that would represent a fresh start. A baby born from early to mid-January (and late December) would be a Capricorn kid, which is the most industrious sign in the zodiac, however, the downside to Capricorn is that they can be too serious and don’t like to have fun. In order to have a January baby, you will have to conceive in mid to later April to early May the year before.
- February – Parents who want to have a baby in February most likely do so because they find the idea of having a baby born during the Valentine’s Day season appealing and sweet. Moms who live in cooler climates may prefer to have a winter baby due to the fact that they would be the most comfortable temperature-wise in the third trimester. A baby born in early to mid- February (and late January) would be an Aquarius child, which is the most innovative and friendly sign in the zodiac. The downside is that they can become too detached. In order to have a February baby, the time for conception to happen would be in mid to late May to early June the year before.
- March – If parents purposely want to have a baby in March, they may want to have a baby born around the time of new beginnings which represents spring. Not to mention, the weather in cooler climates starts to improve by then. My son who I unexpectedly got pregnant with after struggling with infertility with my daughter was born in March. It is understandable that parents who are of Irish ancestry would want to bring in a new member of the family around the celebratory time for them which is St. Paddy’s Day. A baby born in early to mid-March (and late February) will be a Pisces kid, which is the most sensitive and intuitive sign of the zodiac. The only negative side to the sign is that it can represent being detached from reality. In order to have a baby born in March, conception would have to take place in mid to late June to early July of the previous year.
- April – If parents want to have a baby in April, they likely want to have a baby born in the early part of the spring when the weather is much nicer and warmer than winter. Not to mention, this is likely an ideal time for moms to have a baby because most of the third trimester happens during the winter when it the most comfortable temperature-wise- and April isn’t so hot yet to the point that a temperature difference would be noticed. I know this for a fact because my daughter was born in early April- which is when I wanted to have a baby, even though it happened a year after I had originally hoped. A baby born in early to mid-April (and late March) will be an Aries child, which makes them great initiators, but at the same time impatient. Both of my kids are Aries kids. The best time to conceive a baby that you want to be born in April is from mid to late July to early August of the previous year. My insemination took place in very early August, and my daughter was born in April the next year!
- May – If parents want to have a baby born in May, they probably want to have a born in the thick of spring when the weather is really quite nice, and it is an appealing thought to have a baby during the Mother’s Day season. A baby born in early to mid-May (and late April) would be a Taurus kid, which is the most stable sign of the zodiac. However, the downside of Taurus is that they are stubborn and resistant to change. If you want to have a baby born in May, the time to conceive would be from mid to late August, to early September of the previous year.
- June– Parents who want to have a new member of the family in June may do so because it is during a warm time of year, which is the time when summer begins. School is also finished by June, and maybe parents don’t want to have their kids have birthdays on a school day. This could be one motivation for them preferring to have a baby in June. Moms need to keep in mind that they will have a hard time handling the third trimester, especially towards the end at this time because June can be quite hot. However, those who really want to have a baby at this time of year may not care and are prepared to handle the heat and the discomfort from it. (the opposite is true for those who live in the southern part of the southern hemisphere because it is winter there). A baby born in early to mid-June (and late May) will have a sun sign in Gemini. Gemini’s are known to be talkative and curious, but they also don’t always listen and blow hot and cold! In order to have a baby born in June, the time to get pregnant would be in mid to late September to early October of the year before.
- July – Those who want to have a baby born in July would want to have a baby born during the summer when school is out, and maybe also because it is a celebratory time for Americans and Canadians, due to Independence Day on the 4th, and Canada Day on the 1st. However, moms who are heavily pregnant during this time and are close to delivering will be incredibly uncomfortable due to the summer heat, as my mother spoke out from experience. Moms in the southern part of the southern hemisphere will be comfortable since it is in the thick of winter at this time. Babies born in early to mid-July (and late June) are Cancer kids. Cancers are emotional and nurturing, and if you want to have a baby born in July, the time to conceive is in mid to late October to early November in the year before.
- August – Those who want to have a baby in August would want to have a baby born in the summer before school begins. There would not likely be any other reason for parents to have a baby in August than just having a baby born during the summer months (which would mean they would be just as happy with having a baby born in June, July and September as well). The downside of having a baby in the latter part of the summer, which represents the latter part of August anyway is that the mother had to deal with the discomforts that come with the third trimester as well as the heat during the summer months, except for of course moms in the southern hemisphere. Babies born in early to mid-August (and late July) are Leo kids, which will make them the King or Queen of the Jungle. But be prepared, that comes with the desire for attention and drama as well. The time to conceive in order to have a baby born in August is in mid to late November to early December of the previous year.
- September – Those who want to have a baby born in September want to have a baby born during a warm month. Jewish couples may have a desire to bring a new baby in September because it may represent new beginnings for them, since the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashana falls in September. Babies born in September many times may be the result of parents staying busy during the Christmas holidays the year before. Because that is when conception would have taken place, from mid to late December to early January. Babies born in early to mid-September (and late August) are Virgos, and they are health conscious and service-oriented and love details. However, they can also be obsessive! Keep that in mind!
- October – Those who prefer to have a baby in October like the idea of having a baby born in the most comfortable time of autumn. That time of the year is gorgeous with the leaves changing colors, and the idea of a new baby being brought into the world during the most beautiful time is appealing. Canadians may like the idea of having a baby around Thanksgiving since the Canadian Thanksgiving falls in early October. Babies born in early to mid-October (and late September) are Libra kids. They are known to be balanced and fair, but can also be indecisive and non-confrontational. If you want to have a baby born in October, the time to get pregnant is in mid to late January to early February.
- November – Maybe some couples like the idea of bringing a baby around American Thanksgiving, when the time becomes more festive. However, other than that, there really aren’t any general motivating reasons to purposely bring a child into the world at that time- unless a couple would for personal reasons. Babies born in November are thought to be the product of their parents having a little too much fun around Valentine’s Day. That is right, in order to conceive a November baby, conception would have to happen from mid to late February to early March. Kids born in early to mid-November (and late October) are Scorpio kids. They can be passionate but they also will never forget whether you have wronged them or have been good to them. Remember that if you have a child that is a Scorpio.
- December – Some couples love the idea of bringing a baby into their family during the most festive time of the year, and given that the weather is cold is appealing to moms who have to deal with the third-trimester discomfort (unless the mom lives in the southern hemisphere and has to deal with the summer heat). That would be their motivation for having a baby in December. Kids born in early to mid-December (and late November) are Sagittarius kids. They love to learn and have a thirst for knowledge, but they may be impulsive! In order to have a baby born in December, conception must take place in mid to late March, to early April.
There you have it. Since you only have so much control of when you will actually have a baby, you can do your best and figure out what the best month would be for you, and why.