Astrology is an ancient practice that has been in use since the time of dinosaurs, or at least that’s what it feels like when you’re in a bad mood. It has always been one of the most popular forms of divination because it can be applied to any culture and doesn’t rely on complicated calculations. Nowadays people are using it to make decisions about careers, romance, travel, finances, and much more.
Astrology can be used to predict events in a person’s life. In the past, astrology was often used to help plan for weddings, birthdays or other special occasions. These days it is more commonly used to determine a person’s sun sign and what it means for his/her personality.
Many people are hesitant about astrology. Others might think that a horoscope is a way to predict the future, to tell them what will happen next. They can be attracted to horoscopes for this reason. Other people do not believe that there is any truth in astrology or that it has any power at all. People who don’t believe in astrology might think of horoscopes as a form of entertainment, something interesting to read but nothing else.
Many people however do believe in astrology, where dates and times of birth affect who we are and how we react. What do you think? Not sure? Well, Let’s take a little dive into the very basics of what each sign means. But first….
What exactly is a horoscope?
You have to understand that it’s basically where the stars and planets are positioned in certain time frames. You will find that many astrologers will make a chart and it will say a lot about who you are, and why you are who you are, based on when you were born and where certain stars and planets were at that time.
How much of this you believe of course is up to you, and even that belief system may be affected by you being you.. is that in the stars? Who knows?
The Horoscope Chart
As for the horoscope chart, you will find that the wheel is separated into twelve parts (although some now say 13) and it has many symbols drawn on it to represent things such as the planets and the stars. You will also find that even though there are many horoscope signs, each one is unique in its own way.
- As for Aries, you will notice that these types of people are independent, sometimes lonely, impulsive, and very honest. These people like to simplify things and they love to start many projects, but not always finish them. They like going out and reaching for impossible goals and are very passionate people but tend to lose interest very quickly.
- Leo, the astrologers say that you will find that these people are very egotistical and self-conscious. They think about themselves more than others but are still loyal and faithful people. Do you know any Leos? Are they like that?
- A Sagittarius person is very adventurous, loves to play it by ear, and often takes things less seriously than others. However, they are hard workers, and they know when it’s time to play and to work. They are usually very successful people.
- If you know someone who is stubborn, practical and realistic, but also stuck in their ways, then you must be talking about a Taurus. You will find these people take a little bit more patience to deal with; however, a beautiful friendship could come out of working for the relationship.
- Those who are Capricorn are more practical and mature. You will find that they tend to be a little detached; however, things work out to your advantage. Capricorns are people who do not mind the solitude, apparently?
- Gemini is curious and a little immature at times. They try not to be serious at all. They tend to be light and quick on their feet. Gemini represents a strong personality, but not always serious, after all, it’s the twins, are they playing together or against one another?
- Libra tends to be respective and equal in a relationship. They also tend to value their friendships and relationships. Libras are very nice to deal with at work and at home because they tend to be cooperative in most situations.
- The Aquarius sign represents a lot of people who are full of ideas and that are able to look at the bigger picture. They are constantly trying to come up with new ideas and they are very creative.
- Cancer is a sign that represents those who are loyal and loving. They respect others, value their family and ethnicity. They also are very into traditions and make their life meaningful by making the home and family, integral parts of life.
- Virgos are very independent and strong-willed, but not as much as Scorpio. Scorpios tend to be obsessive and compulsive. They trust their instincts.
- Finally, Pisces is a person who loves the arts and loves to show off their creative side. They are more idealistic than realistic; however, they are able to make things work out in the end.
What do you think? Do you know anyone with any of these traits? Do they fit their star sign or are they totally the opposite?
When it comes to astrology and the signs, you might still want to consider all of this knowledge the next time you are interacting with a person who may be stubborn or seem more artistic and creative. It could simply just be in their nature. After all, we all know someone who totally fits their star sign, almost uncannily, so maybe it’s a little truer than some of us can believe?
If you have the interest to follow this through and investigate more, it is important that you try to do your homework on your own sign first because then you will be able to get a lot of insight into who you are and why you act the way you do and that will not only help you study better moving forward but also help you understand yourself and in doing so you can understand others better.