Miriam’s 7-Card Spread for Advice and Guidance
Best Practices for an Accurate Reading
Here’s a free 7-card tarot reading for you. Tarot readings are a great way to gain insight into your present and future. Spreads are basically layouts of cards that help you understand the past, current events and provide insights about the future. Below, I’ve outlined some best practice steps you can take to prepare both yourself and this digital deck to do your reading.
- Before you begin, take three deep breaths and take a couple of moments to clear your head and center yourself.
- Think of a question or problem you’re dealing with, and spend a moment just focusing on your question.
- Intend to align your energy with the answers and solutions you’re seeking.
Prepare the Deck
- Put your hands in front of your screen and imagine that you are clearing this digital deck with your energy. In other words, intend that the deck in front of you will show you exactly what you need to know and for the best of all involved.
- Affirm that the cards will be placed in divine synchronicity and tell yourself out loud (or in your head if you’re not alone) that each card you flip is the right one for you or your situation.
- Most importantly, know that whatever you read can be interpreted many ways.
Get Your Free 7-Card Tarot Reading Here
When ready, click to shuffle your tarot cards and flip each row to get your reading. You may choose to read one row and then flip the next or flip them all at once. Choose your own spread and card meanings, or use the one at the top of this post. There’s an alternative one at the bottom as well.
Four of Cups
This is the apathy and boredom card. This card can also indicate being contemplative, meditating, as well as re-evaluating. Astrologically this card is linked to the Moon in Cancer.
When this card is in reverse, it means there is a withdrawal.
Knight of Pentacles
This is the card that represents hard work as well as being productive, and being conservative. Staying on a routine is important. The signs that this card is tied to are Leo and Virgo.
When this card shows up in reverse, it can mean that there is a feeling of boredom as well as problems with perfectionism.
Five of Cups
This is the card that represents disappointment, regret, and setbacks. The associated astrological placement is Mars in Scorpio.
When this card is in reverse, it means that you are moving on and you have forgiven yourself.
Eight of Wands
This is the card of fast-paced and fast-moving action as well as air travel. Astrologically this card is tied to Mercury in Sagittarius.
In reverse, this card indicates delays and resistance to change.
Six of Cups
This is the nostalgia card. This is a card that represents innocence, thinking back to childhood, or the past in general. Astrologically this card is linked to the Sun in Scorpio.
When this card comes up in reverse, it can indicate someone who is stuck in the past and not being playful.
Six of Swords
This card is indicative of removing baggage, and making changes. It can also represent travel by sea. Astrologically, this card is linked to Mercury in Aquarius.
If this card shows up in reverse, it shows that there is resistance to making necessary changes or that there is business that is unfinished.
Ten of Cups
This card means that there is a blissful relationship, you are in harmony, and you are aligned. The associated astrological placement is Mars in Pisces.
When this card comes up in reverse, then there is misalignment and relationship problems, as well as the feeling of being disconnected.
An Alternative 7-Card Spread
You can alternatively choose to read these tarot cards is by row:
- Row 1 is the present, with cards one, two, and three representing you, the situation, and the next move.
- Row 2 is the future, with cards four, five, and six representing what to expect if you continue on the same path, what to do if you want to change that and what to do if you want to stick with the current trajectory.
- Row 3, containing the final card, represents the final outcome if you follow the advice for change.